When you don’t know how to fix QuickBooks error 12157, then the first thing you do is to look for the best ways to resolve it. And that’s why you landed on this blog post. Well, you did a great job. This article is going to help you a lot in troubleshooting QuickBooks update error 12157. Would you like to know how? Then, go through this tutorial post till the end.
What is QuickBooks Error 12157?
It’s undeniably essential to understand the QuickBooks payroll error 12157 before applying the steps for getting rid of it. Actually, a QuickBooks issue 12157 belongs to the 12000 series QuickBooks error codes that can occur due to a lot of reasons.
These reasons can be a consequence of incorrect installation, data connectivity errors, upgrade issues, update issues, etc. All in all, this error can affect your work productivity if not resolved on time.
Why QuickBooks Error 12157 occurs?
There could be a plethora of reasons and factors why QuickBooks error code 12157 takes place. Some of them are as follows:
- In a situation when the date or time on the computer is incorrect
- You might also encounter error 12152 in QuickBooks when the internet and other security apps fail to update the QuickBooks desktop software.
- You might also witness this error in the case of the restrictive settings of firewall and internet security applications.
- In the case when multiple versions of QuickBooks are installed on your computer.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12157?
You can always resolve QuickBooks error code 12157 with a cornucopia of available solutions. Do you want to what are they? Well, we shortlisted a few of them for you. Here are they:
Solution 1: Modify the internet connection
Many times, the improper internet connection settings might also end up in this type of error. In such a situation, you would have to change the internet connection setup. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
Sometimes, the wrong internet connection setting can also lead to this Quickbooks problem 12157. Therefore, changing the internet connection settings resolves it. Let’s explore how:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks.
- Afterward, access the Help menu.
- Next, select the internet connectivity setting.
- Choose the use my computer’s internet connection settings option for establishing a connection while the QuickBooks application accesses the connection.
- Later, you need to hit a click on the Next tab.
- Once done, go to the advanced connection settings option and open it.
- Go to the advanced tab.
- Now, select the restore advanced settings option.
- Lastly, click on done after selecting the OK tab.
Solution 2: Exempt Quickbooks And Its Additional Processes From The Firewall
Another solution for fixing this QuickBooks error is by adding the QuickBooks application and its additional processes to the exemptions of the Firewall. Several times the firewall settings are not configured properly. So, it becomes essential for you to activate some ports, such as 80 and 443. In this condition, the enlisted files must have the access:
Solution 3: Restoring the Computer System
Restoring the computer system is another way you can choose for getting rid of the QB error 12157. The following steps will help you solve the issue:
- To begin with, tap on the start your system tab.
- After it, login as system admin.
- Later, you need to hit start for catching and clicking on all the applications, accessories, computer tools, and further select the system repair option.
- Additionally, launch the new window and tap on the re-install my PC option and then, click Next.
- Once done, hit on restore point and press next. Select the advanced system for restoring the point.
- A confirmation window will appear on the screen. Click on the Next button.
- In the end, reboot the system.
Method 4: Configure the system’s date and time
One more way for handling QuickBooks payroll issue 12157 is by setting up the system’s date and time. Here is how you are supposed to do it.
- In the beginning, locate the clock present on the system’s screen.
- After it, right-click on the mouse.
- Select the adjust date/ time option from the list that you see after applying the above step.
- Now, pick the current date and time and press OK.
- Close the QuickBooks application and reopen it.
- You can also update your QuickBooks later on.
Summing it up,
Without a doubt, this post is a complete package to help you in knowing how to fix QuickBooks error 12157. However, it’s normal if you face difficulty while performing the above-discussed troubleshooting steps.
So, what should you do if you still can’t resolve QuickBooks update error 12157? Call our QuickBooks experts! Besides helping you in resolving this QB issue, we will also assist you in understanding what’s wrong with your QuickBooks hosting.