Want to know how to fix QuickBooks error code 3180 when you encounter it while using QuickBooks POS? If that’s the case, then this blog post will guide you in the best ways. It will happen several times when you are creating bills on QuickBooks POS software and can see a QuickBooks error message: there is an invalid reference to QuickBooks item sales tax. Well, it’s QuickBooks error 3180.
Let us tell you more about what is QuickBooks error code 3180 and why this QuickBooks error actually occurs. And then we will give you solutions to fix it.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
One of the most common QuickBooks errors, the QuickBooks error code 3180. Your QuickBooks POS software is facing one if you see any of the following QuickBooks error message 3180 in your system:
- Status code 3180: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have a vendor
- There was an error when saving an Items list
- Quickbooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 3180 occur?
Of course, it’s disturbing to encounter QuickBooks error code 3180. But why does this QuickBooks error 3180 occur? There are some reasons for this Quickbooks issue. Enlisted are a few of them:
- When there is a damaged voucher and an inactive account that was linked previously
- Incorrect settings in the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
- Use of wrong QuickBooks Desktop account for mapping accounts in QuickBooks POS
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
There are many ways you can opt to fix QuickBooks error code 3180. Given below are some of them:
Way 1: By Running Financial Exchange in QuickBooks POS
- Go to the File menu and choose Preferences
- Select Your Company name
- From the Financial option, choose Accounts.
- Review the Basic and Advanced tabs. After you ensure that there is a correct mapping on the accounts, select Save.
- Now, run the financial exchange.
Way 2: By Renaming and Re-creating each Financial Method
- Locate the Lists menu from your QuickBooks Desktop and choose Customer & Vendor Profile Lists.
- After doing it, Choose the Payment Method List.
- Select the Edit Payment Method by right-clicking on the Cash method.
- You will now have to insert the letter X in the Payment Method field (XCash) and then click on OK.
- Select New after right-clicking on the Cash method.
- Run the financial exchange after naming it as Cash. Rename and re-create all payment methods if required.
Way 3: By Ensuring if You Assigned A Vendor To The Sales Tax Item
- Find the Lists menu in your QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Item List option.
- From the item list, click on Include Inactive.
- Sort the list by selecting the Type header.
- Check if all the sales tax items have a tax agency attached to them.
Way 4: By Checking Your Tax Preference
- Find the File menu in the QuickBooks Point of Sale and choose Preferences.
- From the preferences, select Company.
- Now choose Accounts from the Financial section.
- Review the Basic and Advanced tabs. Check if there is a listing of the QB sales Tax Payable in the sales tax row. Suppose it’s not, change it first and then run the financial exchange.
Way 5: By Re-creating A Paid out Using A Non Sales Tax Payable Account
- Go to the Sales History in your QuickBooks Point of Sales account.
- Select Customize Columns by right-clicking on any column.
- Check if the QB Status is selected.
- Now, search for receipts that are under the completion process but not done yet.
- If any of these receipts are paid out to sales tax payable, Choose the receipt that is paid out to sales tax payable. Click on Reverse Receipt.
- Later, use a non-sales tax payable account to recreate the paid out and then run financial exchange.
Wrapping it up:
Undeniably, managing data in your small and mid-sized business becomes effortless if you fix QuickBooks error code 3180. The discussed ways will assist you in doing it. So, whenever you get stuck with Quickbooks error 3180, read this post and get the perfect solutions.
Were any of these ways to fix QuickBooks error code 3180 helpful? If you face a problem while troubleshooting this QuickBooks error 1380, feel free to call our QuickBooks experts.