It’s always important to know how to resolve QuickBooks 502 Gateway error if you face one. Do you know why? It’s because this QuickBooks bad gateway error can adversely affect other web applications running on the browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. You can lose your entire QuickBooks data if you don’t fix this QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway.
Are you now eager to know the troubleshooting steps to fix this 502 (bad gateway) error? You must know what does it actually means and why does it occur first. Let’s explore it together.
What does QuickBooks bad gateway error 502 means?
QuickBooks bad gateway error 502 means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server. Usually, when you visit a particular webpage, the web browser saves the page data in its cache memory for loading it faster the next time you visit that page.
However, this cache memory gets full sometimes. Consequently, this prevents your browser to store further data giving you a QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error. But when can you face it? Well, you need to scroll down to get the answer.
When Can You Face QuickBooks 502 Gateway Error?
There can be several situations when you face QuickBooks bad gateway error 502. You might encounter QuickBooks error code 502 at the time when:
- You are running payroll and the error appears
- You Log in to the online app
- An update is essential for your QuickBooks applications and you are performing it
- You view and download forms in the browser
Do you now want to know why you encounter this QuickBooks 502 gateway issue? Yes? Without further ado, we will be explaining to you the reasons for its occurrence briefly.
Why Are You Encountering Quickbooks 502 Gateway Error?
You may encounter QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway due to a plethora of reasons. Enlisted are a few of them:
- At times when the Browser’s cache memory gets full
- In case a Trojan infection damages the browser’s internal files.
- When you forget to add the Intuit’s® website as a trusted site in the browser
- In a situation, when your QuickBooks application’s cache memory space gets occupied.
- In the browser’s settings, active scripting is disabled
How To Resolve Quickbooks 502 Gateway Error?
You can easily troubleshoot QuickBooks online bad gateway 502 error by using the following methods:
Method 1: Verify the Active Scripting Settings In Your Internet Explorer
The first thing you can do for fixing QuickBooks 502 error is to verify the active scripting settings in your internet explorer. Here are the steps you need to perform for doing it:
- In the first step, launch Internet Explorer.
- Now go to the Tool menu and choose Internet Option from there.
- After doing it, a new security tab will appear. From there, you need to find the Internet icon.
- Now choose Custom Level and then select the Enable Active Scripting
Solution 2: Delete the QuickBooks Application Cache
If QuickBooks error code 502 still exists, then delete the cache of your QuickBooks Desktop/Online application by applying the below-stated procedures:
- Firstly, all you need to do is launching the QuickBooks Desktop/Online application.
- After it, navigate the Help tab and choose Reset App Data, and it will begin the application.
- See if this can fix the error. If not, then proceed with the other methods.
Solution 3: Delete Browser’s Cache & Cookies
As you know, QuickBooks is accessible on various Internet browsers and this might also lead to QuickBooks 502 Gateway Error. You can clear the caches and cookies of your browser to resolve it. Here is how.
- Launch your internet browser and try locating three dots present in the top right corner.
- Now, choose the clear browsing data option you see on the device.
- Later, check if the sync between the Time range list and all-time menu watch is done appropriately.
- Checkmark the boxes for other site data, Cached images, Cookies, and files.
- At the last, click on the clear data option.
Indeed, knowing how to resolve QuickBooks 502 gateway error will be a piece of cake if you follow the above troubleshooting steps. With the help of these steps, you will also be able to speed up the performance of your QuickBooks application.
Is QuickBooks 502 error code still troubling you? Well, you can always call our QuickBooks experts in such a situation. We are round-the-clock available to assist you.