Are you looking for ways on how to resolve QuickBooks error H505? Then, this troubleshooting guide will be a savior. We dug out one of the best solutions for you to deal with this QuickBooks desktop h505 error.
Do you want to know about them? If yes, then you must know what this QuickBooks error code H505 is all about.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
Just like the QuickBooks H202 issue, the QuickBooks H505 error usually appears when you try switching to multi-user mode. Once it occurs, an error message pops up saying,
“This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
It belongs to the group of QuickBooks H-series errors and might mostly occur in Windows operating systems like 7, 8, Vista, XP, etc. But then why are you encountering this H505 error in QuickBooks? Check below to know about these reasons.
Why is QuickBooks Error 505 Occurring?
Since QuickBooks error code H505 is one of the most common QuickBooks issues, there could be a cornucopia of reasons for its occurrence. Here are some of the causes of a QuickBooks error H505.
- When the hosting configuration of the device is not correct.
- An incorrect or damaged .ND File is present in your system.
- The DNS settings are wrong.
- In a situation where QB services stop working.
- If the QuickBooks database server manager can’t find the IP address of the host system or when it uses different IP addresses.
- Due to the restrictions by System Firewall settings.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505?
We will now be introducing you to a bunch of solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error code H505. These steps will help you to know how to resolve QuickBooks error H505. Without further ado, let’s discuss each of them respectively.
Solution 1: By Running QuickBooks File Doctor
To perform this troubleshooting step, first of all, you must check if QuickBooks Desktop is installed on your system. Also, see if you can access the network. Later, follow the enlisted steps:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and then install it.
- Next, run the program on Server.
- You will find that the QB File doctor will fix this multi-user error.
Solution 2: Make A New Folder For The Company File And Enable Access To It
You can troubleshoot error H505 in QuickBooks by making a new folder for the QB company file and enabling access to it. Here is how!
- To begin with, make a new folder in the hosting system.
- After creating the folder, make sure that windows get the entry permissions to the company files.
- After it, start copying the .qbw file into the new folder.
- Once done, open the company file from the multi-user mode for completing the process.
Solution 3: Setup The Firewall Ports Configuration
Another way for getting rid of QuickBooks error code H505 is by setting up the Firewall Ports configuration. Use the enlisted steps.
- Firstly, press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- You can now open the control panel by using the run command.
- Then, open the Windows Firewall and Network Protection by selecting the System and Security option.
- Click on Inbound rules under Advanced Settings. Following that, choose the New Rule option.
- Once you have chosen a port, click the Next button.
- Make sure you have selected the correct TCP option.
- Later, enter the port of the year version of QB Desktop.
- In order to complete the process, click on next and restart QuickBooks Desktop after the year code has been entered.
Solution 4: Verify The QuickBooks Hosting
You can also face QuickBooks error message H505 if you forgot to turn off the multi-user access on all the non-host computer servers.
- First of all, start opening QuickBooks on every system which is not a server or hosting system.
- In the next step, choose the File option and hit Utilities.
- Once you see Host Multi-user access on the list, then the system is not the host workstation.
- However, if you witness the option Host Multi-user Access At the Workstation, then move to the next system. Do not make changes here.
- Navigate the ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access‘ option and click on it.
- Repeat these steps in case of all the systems that are not the host computers.
Summing it up:
We hope these methods will help you to understand how to resolve QuickBooks error H505 if you encounter it. Anyways, you still have our back when stuck while troubleshooting this error code H505 in Quickbooks. Call our QuickBooks technical team, and we will help you, no matter where you are. We are round-the-clock available to serve your purpose.