Were you looking for the best ways that would help you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error PS077? If you are nodding your head for yes, then this article post will definitely help you. However, before that, it’s equally essential to find out what it is all about and why it occurs.
What is QuickBooks Error PS077?
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 is a type of common QuickBooks error just like QuickBooks error PS036 that troubles a lot of QB users. This error might trigger on your screen while downloading or installing the payroll updates in QuickBooks.
Due to this error code PS077 in QuickBooks hinders your work performance in QuickBooks and appears with an error message similar to:
“The user has not registered QuickBooks software or the QB company file is damaged or corrupted”
Why Does A QuickBooks Error PS077 Take Place?
The QuickBooks issue PS077 usually occurs while updating and uploading the latest tax table due to ample reasons. Here are some of them:
- An expired or outdated tax table can be one of the causes of the error message PS077 in QuickBooks.
- An invalid/damaged tax-table file or files in the payroll component/folder can also lead to this QuickBooks problem.
- Probably, you didn’t register the QuickBooks software.
- Some details are either wrong or not up to date.
- Wrong or outdated billing information mentioned in your QuickBooks payroll software is another reason for this QB trouble.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error PS077?
There could be a plethora of ways that can help you in knowing how to fix QuickBooks error PS077. Enlisted are a few of them:
Solution 1: Repair QuickBooks Error PS077 Using File Utilities
When it comes to repairing QuickBooks error code PS077, then you can do it by using the file utilities. Given below are the steps you must follow:
- To begin this method, all you need to do is sign out of your QB software.
- Next, check if all the tabs are closed in the system, and then use the taskbar to verify this thing. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously to open it.
- Afterward, open QuickBooks software again, and try updating the payroll.
- Later on, you need to go to File, then Utilities, and choose to Repair QB.
Solution 2: Verify Payroll Subscription In QuickBooks
QuickBooks Payroll error code PS077 also indicates that your QuickBooks Payroll subscription is not verified. Therefore, you must follow the steps below to verify your QB Payroll subscription:
- Initially, find the QuickBooks application, and then log into the Payroll Service Account.
- Next, locate the Employee option.
- Under the Employee option, select the My Payroll Services option and then choose Account.
- Later on, you must go to the Billing Information option and type in all the accurate login credentials in the provided fields.
- Once done, you need to tap on the Sign In option.
- Restart your workstation and try to download the updates again. ‘
- Lastly, open the QB payroll account to see if a similar error still persists.
Ques 1) How do I fix QuickBooks error PS032?
You can fix QuickBooks error PS032 by checking the billing data, verifying the QuickBooks license and software number, seeing if QuickBooks is not installed multiple times in your system, etc.
Ques 2) What is an unexpected problem in QuickBooks?
An unexpected problem in QuickBooks can be due to QuickBooks payroll error PS077, error code PS032, QB installation issues, QuickBooks update errors, etc. You can resolve them easily with various QuickBooks tools.
Ques 3) How do I check my QuickBooks Payroll subscription?
In order to check your QuickBooks payroll subscription, you need to follow the enlisted steps:
- Locate the Employees option and choose My Payroll Service in the QB Desktop Company File.
- Choose the Account/Billing Info, and then sign in using your Intuit QuickBooks account login.
- Choose Resubscribe under the Status option.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions for reactivating your payroll service.
We hope the above-discussed methods will be effective in letting you know how to resolve QuickBooks error PS077 effortlessly. However, it’s normal for you to face difficulties in a few steps. In such a situation, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks expert via call.