If you are striving to know how to set up automatic backup in QuickBooks Desktop, then your struggle is sure to end. It’s because we will be sharing a complete guide on setting up QuickBooks desktop automatic backup. But what is QuickBooks auto backup and why is it useful? Don’t be a curious cat now, and find all your answers below.
What is Automatic Backup In QuickBooks Desktop?
Automatic Backup in QuickBooks Desktop is a feature that recovers your data automatically when you close your company file. For example, it backs up your data every three times after you close a company file. And the good thing is that QuickBooks will perform this automatic Backup without any inputs from your side.
Why is Setting Up Automatic Backup In QuickBooks Desktop Useful?
Indeed, setting up QuickBooks auto backup is as useful as speeding up QuickBooks. QuickBooks Desktop automatic backup helps you in saving your essential QuickBooks data even if you forget to save it manually. Also, when QuickBooks holds all your important financial information, backing them all becomes a not-to-miss task.
So, after knowing the importance of QuickBooks automatic backup, you must now be eager to know how to set up automatic backup in QuickBooks Desktop. Isn’t it? Well, apply these easy steps to configure it.
How To Set Up Automatic Backup In QuickBooks?
There are certain steps you need to follow when you wish to have a flawless performance of QuickBooks Desktop automatic backup. Additionally, you can activate QuickBooks automatic backup multi-user mode when many people in your company use QuickBooks. Here’s how to set up automatic backup in QuickBooks.
- From the File menu, select Save Copy/Backup. Save Copy or Backup window will appear after it.
- Choose the Backup Copy entry, and then tap Next
- For setting up your back defaults, click Options. Back default is the location where you want to save your local backup. Tap Next after it.
- Tap Only schedule future backups or Save it Now and schedule future backups; then click on the Next button.
- A box with a message saying, “Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file every <number> times” will appear. You can now place the required number in it.
- Tap on the Finish button
Summing it up:
So do you now know how to set up automatic backup in QuickBooks Desktop after reading this post? Well, you must have for sure. In case you face any difficulties while you backup QuickBooks desktop data, you have us. Call us anytime and from any place, our QuickBooks experts will help you.